Saturday 20 June 2009

Counting Blessings

It has often been said that it takes a real crisis to learn certain truths in life. Things that seem true during the course of a regular day, week or month often turn out to be a smokescreen for what is really true. And a crisis somehow seems to bring the truth into sharp focus, and dispels any myths that may have been dressing up as the truth.

It would be safe to say that I have been through the toughest week of my life so far. The difficulties were largely self-inflicted, but this unfortunately does not make it any easier. A difficult time is not made any easier by virtue of the cause of the problem. Equally, any support that is received during a tough period is welcome no matter the source of the problem or the source of the support.

I have been fortunate enough to receive support from many different sources and directions during my moment of difficulty. This gave me immense strength to get through the week. The greatest support surprisingly came from the source which was the least expected.

It took a crisis in my life to really learn a few truths about those who surround me. In particular, I learned not to take anything for granted. But most of all, I learned who I can really rely upon in when in a tight spot.

You guys know who you are. Thanks !!

No comments: